Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Limited resource cooking...

So... I started doing this weight loss thing that seems to work pretty well for a lot of people. (actually, I've lost about 7 pounds since Monday, so it seems to work) Anyway, it's super limiting on ingredients that I can eat. I am still able to eat things out of most of the basic food groups, but not anything in the group. For example, I can eat tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cucumbers, etc., but not just any vegetable I want. I have a list of about 12 or so. Same with Fruits, etc., etc.. You know how it goes. They all starve you in some way. (even though this one isn't "supposed" to do so. I'm actually finding it kind of exciting to try to make good food with such limited resources though. Today I made Tomato and Olive Stuffed Portobello caps. They were so good! I had to leave a few things out, like the olives, but overall they weren't bad.

The sides kind of split out, which I didn't like, but I guess they still tasted good. That's what I get for stuffing them too full. Just lost presentation points. Angie wasn't too thrilled about them. She said that if I wanted to give her a kiss or anything, I'd better do it before I eat them. (She's not a mushroom fan).

The next thing I'm planning on making is Ratatouille. I'm excited about it. It has always looked like an interesting dish and the only thing I have to leave out is the eggplant. We'll see how it goes...

1 comment:

Michele said...

OOO yum! That looks tasty!