Sunday, January 17, 2010

Recipes and Experiments

For a while now I've been working on typing up all my recipes so I could have them on cards. My sister in law made me the cutest recipe box and i've been really excited to fill it up. I'm getting closer! :)

Also Kyler wanted to try to make these caramelized bananas that Gordon Ramsey has in his cookbooks. The only problem was that he needed a cooks torch. (Don't have one) otherwise Gordon says you can broil them till they caramelize. We tried that and it was okay but it made the banana's pretty mushy. So we went to visit Kylers parents the next night and borrowed Steve's blow torch. Worked like a gem. (Kind of nervous about that thing being in the garage for I don't know how long ;))

The end result! Delicious :)

4 comments:

Michele said...

So can this be our dessert at the next FHE??? :)

Dan and Kira said...

You guys are a amazing!

reddhottredds said...

Looks incredible! I love the pics :)

Matt and Marci said...

You are so smart to type all of your recipes. I can't even tell you how many times someone asks me for a recipe and I wish it was already typed so I could just email it or something! You should start showing off you cooking skills and share a new recipe on your blog every once and a while....