Monday, May 3, 2010

Gardens & Gamers

I asked my Mom a while back if we could use her garden this year while they are in Montana and she said yes. I've been really excited to do my own garden. I used to hate gardening and doing yard work but doing it with Kyler has been a lot of fun. We went over there a week ago and Kyler mowed, aerated, and power raked the lawn while I cleaned up the strawberry patch.... He was there a little bit longer than I was :) We went back today to get the garden ready to plant. Its been a couple years since my parents have used the garden so there was a little bit of work to be done to get it ready. We are almost to the point to put some veggies in the ground!

Before



After

5 & 1/2 (42 gallon) bags of weeds!


The Strawberry Patch!


We also had a BBQ at our place on Saturday! Jenny & Mitch brought their Wii for everyone to play. This picture is one I caught at the party. Definitely some serious gamers! Thanks to all who came!

3 comments:

Whitney Swapp Photography said...

I am so bummed that we were not here. it looks like fun. We will have to have another one.

* said...

I love that picture!!!!

Dan and Kira said...

I am so excited to plant things in the garden tooo!!!!!!!!!!! It is going to be so much isn't it amazing how much better things are w/a hubby!