Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gordon Ramsay's Fajitas with sour cream and guac

It's not often that I (Kyler) get on here to do a post. I usually just make requests to Angie for monthly recipes, etc. I really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, so for christmas I got 3 cookbooks. 2 of Gordon Ramsay's (one from Dave and Michele and one from Joe and Jen) and Angie bought me a Rachael Ray. I've been trying to make new things out of my books whenever I can and there are a few that we've made a couple times. The fajitas are one of these. Angie has never been huge on Fajitas because they tend to be a little to "saucy" and overbearing, but she loves these ones. As with most of Gordon's recipes, there's no extra fluff. They're very fresh and simple, but super good. Not much in terms of sauce with these. Just well seasoned meat and veggies. I definitely suggest making the guac though. It really adds to them. Also, make sure not to skip over the part in the recipe about adding your veggies and meat when the pan is very hot. You don't want the meat to sit and dry out or become tough. Get them in a hot pan, and get them out fast. To make them even better, we buy the uncooked tortillas (Costco or Harmons is where we get them) and cook them as needed. The Salmonds have been buying them for a while and I love them!



Enjoy...

1 comment:

Dan and Kira said...

Kyler you are my fav and wow what amazing cook you are! Love you guys and loved the post!